Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whoops

So I totally forgot that I said I would update and tell you alllll about my adventures in Michigan. Here we go. I hope youre excited. Its pretty epic. We caught a train from Chicago to Grand Rapids. The train took 4 hours. It was really reaaaaaaaaaaaaally REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLY slow. I probably could have crawled quicker than that train went. Rebecca was complaining about it the whole way. I was quite happy drawing a picture. I think Rebecca probably thinks Im about 4 years old.. you know, give me some crayons and a cardboard box and Im happy for hours... Anyways we got there and Brittany and Bonnie picked us up. Apparently Bonnie was so excited our train was coming in that she started running towards the tracks and Brittany had to actually grab her so that she didnt die. Lol funny little korean child. We drove back to Brittanys and ate cake that Bonnie had made then went to bed. I was sleeping on the couch downstairs because Brits room isnt that big and there were three of them in there already lol. I think I had the most comfortable spot to be honest!! The next day we got up pretty late and went for a swim in the pool. Bonnie went down the slide into the deep end and kinda didnt mention she couldnt swim so she couldnt touch the ground and was thrashing around and drowning for ages before we decided we should probably go get her. Whoops. She wasnt too happy with us! After that she refused to let go of her little orange floaty thing. The weather packed it in after that so we went out for lunch with Brittanys mum and then to the movies to see Letters to Juliet. Ended up wandering around the mall for ages- they all insisted on looking in all the makeup shops, kinda wanted to shoot them. I got hungry so I bought a pretzel. Then we went home and watched Dear John because it was still rainy and gross. The next day it was really nice again so we drove about 40 minutes to the sanddunes and rolled down them and got sand in our ears. We walked down the beach and such and did the running away from the waves thing. Good day all up. When we got home we blobbed for a bit then went out for tea to one of those japanese places where they cook in front of you and throw food at you. I think my eyebrows got singed, the fire went a bit bigger than it was supposed to and I was a wee bit closer than I should have been. It was really good though! After that we were really really really full but we went for a walk through the city and along the river and saw the fish ladder. Lol, yes. The fish ladder. Apparently all the salmon swim downstream and cant get back up the little water fall thing so they made a ladder. Its pretty much just steps but apparently at the right time of year there are fish all over it. After that lovely little adventure we went home and made smores the american way with graham crackers and massive big marshmallows. :) Only the fire wouldnt catch properly so we went through an entire bottle of kerosene. They were good though. Bonnie ate 6. And then we went to bed and then got up and then went to the airport and then caught the plane and then caught the shuttle and then went back to our apartments and slept for a long long time. The end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment